Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year
It was New Year eve
Santa Claus could not believe,
how could he sleep through the week
even if winter was at its peak.

He tried but couldn’t recall,
‘What happened to gifts and all?  
Did I go out on Christmas Eve?
Or did I choose to remain on leave?

I think I hadn’t been feeling well
and my belly had begun to swell,
I think I had been to a doctor
who was more like a monster.

Doctor had given me a white pill
and asked me to avoid this chill,
did I take that white pill and
did I sleep to my heart’s fill?’

Slowly Santa Claus went around
but reindeer etc. couldn’t be found,
there were no gifts on the shelves,
‘Where are my reindeer and elves?’

Then he saw Rudolph and one elf
somewhere clock struck twelve,
suddenly everything was lit bright
he saw them all dressed for night.

‘What of gifts?’ he asked in hurry,
‘Relax, what is there to worry?
You were out of sorts needing rest
we did what we thought was best,

we delivered all the gifts and toys
to pretty girls and naughty boys.
What if you missed trip this year
you have done it year after year.

It is beginning of a new year
let’s be grateful for being here
let’s all celebrate the New Year
Happy New Year, Happy New Year.’
© i b arora


No comments:

Post a Comment