Saturday 4 October 2014

I Land on Moon
When everyone is asleep 
in my room
I quietly leave and 
head for Moon
I climb 
a shooting star
That keeps waiting for me 
not very far
I climb 
and it quickly aim for sky
It vanishes 
when we are really high
I meet stars 
floating here and there
Now they are 
twinkling everywhere
I touch the stars 
and feel their glow
Shooting star is shooting 
now a bit slow
We are almost there 
and what I see
The rabbit on Moon 
and it is about to flee
There is the old woman 
with her spinning wheel
She looks at me 
but keeps spinning her wheel
And that’s not all, 
it is teeming with wonders
There are elephants, giraffes 
and reindeers
All of them are shining 
and shining bright
And all are emitting 
a shining white light
When they see me 
standing like a fool
They all shout, 
“He is one who broke the rule
He rode a shooting star 
and landed on Moon
He must be thrown out 
and real soon
His feet are dirty 
and nails are uncut
Did he ever wash his face? 
He is a nut
None can come here 
without taking a bath
Let us show him 
the outward path”
They come after me 
I know not where to run
But for them 
it is nothing but fun
In a moment they turn 
into worms that glow
They are all around me 
and I receive a blow
It is my kid brother 
who hit me hard
And from my sleep 
I wake up with a start.

© i b arora

No comments:

Post a Comment